AVAILABLE AS A RECORDING ONLY FROM 20TH FEBRUARY 2019 FOR UNLIMITED USE
Budgeting has generated several significant judgments in the last 18 months. Litigators still run into difficulties which is unsurprising given the fine, technical issues which arise. This talk is delivered by Professor Dominic Regan who advised Sir Rupert Jackson on Costs management. Issues include:
– When is the budget due ?
– Which cases are excluded?
– Dealing with the split trial dilemma
– The most common error made in cases
– Late budgets and how best to secure relief
– The workaround where CPR3.14 is applied
– Hourly rates
– When can a budget be varied ?
– Dealing with an absurdly low budget from the other side
– Getting big payments on account
– Proportionality and how to circumvent it.
To book, order a recording or for more information please fill in the form, or call us on 01904 635 444