AVAILABLE AS A RECORDING ONLY, FOR UNLIMITED VIEWING, FROM 29TH JANUARY 2019
There have been 2 major 2018 decisions about the date when in law employment has been terminated. This can have enormous consequences. In one case it cost the employer £1.9m and in another it meant that the employer had to provide a greatly enhanced pension because it was one day out!
Professional negligence risks abound when confusion arises.
This talk will consider:
- What is the effective date of termination for unfair dismissal purposes?
- Can the parties vary the EDT?
- When does invocation of a PILON clause operate?
- How is the date of dismissal calculated when notice is posted out?
- Best practice on effective dismissal
- Can the employer lawfully over-ride these principles?
To book, order a recording or for more information please fill in the form, or call us on 01904 635 444