AVAILABLE FROM 15TH JANUARY 2019 FOR A ONE OFF FEE OF:
£850 + VAT FOR NON-MEMBERS
OR £620 + VAT FOR LIPS LEGAL MEMBERS
FOR INDEFINITE USE FOR BOTH EXISTING AND FUTURE SUPPORT STAFF
A 6 ONE HOUR RECORDED LIPS LEGAL WEB SEMINAR TRAINING MODULE AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE AS A CD OR ON DEMAND MP4 RECORDING LINK FOR UNLIMITED USE WITH NO EXPIRY DATE FROM 14TH JANUARY 2019
Do you wish you were able to delegate more of your conveyancing work to your support staff?
Do you have support staff who would like to know not only how to do something but also why it is done and how each step fits into the conveyancing process?
Do you have a team member who wants to take on more responsibility and develop their career?
If so, then this series of 6 audio seminars is what you are looking for. The complete series is designed to help support staff working in residential conveyancing to:
- Understand more about the conveyancing process;
- Gain a broader appreciation of the underlying regulatory & other requirements
- Feel confident about contract terms
- Address enquiries and interpret search results,
- Interpret a registered title;
- Understand lenders requirements,
- Deal with an exchange
- And much much more!
Each session will build on the preceding ones and develop into a complete guide to the conveyancing process.
Session 1: Getting started
This first session will provide an outline of the importance of and reason for client due diligence; explain why your client care letter needs to provide the information it contains & will address conflicts of interest.
Session 2: The Protocol
In this session we will cover key points of The Law Society Conveyancing Protocol; review “Transaction” Forms & look at some of the main terms within the Standard Conditions of Sale
Session 3: Contract & Title
The next session aims to provide delegates with a better understanding of entries on registered titles, the potential impact of Land Registry Restrictions and other title issues to be considered when preparing a contract pack.
Session 4: Searches, Enquiries, Requisitions & undertakings
Building on the lessons learnt so far session 4 will address common enquiries before contract and the limitations imposed by the Protocol, outline the significance of undertakings implied or given in replies to requisitions and give an overview of the “usual” searches.
Session 5: Exchange, dealing with lenders & deposits
The Law Society formula for exchange are commonly used but support staff may not perhaps fully understand the implications of using the formulae; this session will explain the undertakings implied on exchange, examine the meaning behind a deposit “held to order”, and consider key points in the Mortgage lenders Handbook
Session 6: Completion, SDLT & Land Registration
The final session will deal with the importance of search priority, consider problems that may arise on the day of completion and look at key aspects of SDLT, other post completion issues & Registration
The full list of matters covered is:
- Initial Steps
- Preparing the Contract pack
- Property Information & other forms
- Standard Conditions of Sale
- Interpreting a Land Registry Title
- Land Registry Restrictions
- Dealing with Lenders requirements
- Law Society Formulae for exchange
- Preparing for completion
- Law Society Code for Completion
- Completion day issues
- Undertakings to discharge
- After Completion
- The course is designed to be taken as a complete series. Little benefit is likely to be gained from ordering individual sessions.
- Delegates will be prompted to look at examples of the forms etc. referred to and to gain most benefit should print copies of the forms beforehand; instructions will be provided
- The PowerPoint slides & other materials will be a useful point of future reference
To book, order a recording or for more information please fill in the form, or call us on 01904 635 444