AVAILABLE AS A RECORDING ONLY, FOR UNLIMITED USE, FROM 18TH MAY 2020
With all the restrictions currently in place due to Covid 19, the signing of documents has become more difficult. One way to deal with this issue is to rely on electronic signatures wherever possible. However, there is still a great deal of confusion as to what a valid electronic signature looks like and also whether it will satisfy specific formalities required in respect of certain types of contract.
Guidance is available from case law, the Electronic Communications Act 2000 and also in Regulation (EU) No 910/2014 (the eIDAS Regulation) but the best summary is now found in the Law Commission’s Report on the Electronic Execution of Documents.
This webinar will review the content of the existing law as summarised in the Law Commission’s Report. Topics will include:
- an overview of different types of electronic signatures that can be used
- a summary of the relevant case law
- issues of admissibility of electronic signatures under the Electronic Communications Act 2000
- key provisions of the eIDAS Regulation
- series of practical steps to consider
To book, order a recording or for more information please fill in the form, or call us on 01904 635 444